Thank you so much for your interest in presenting at our 61st annual conference in San Diego! The EMA Annual Conference draws more than 900 people each year is focused solely on the information and resource needs of K-12 independent/private school admission professionals and other key constituents with an important stake in the enrollment process.
For your information, peer-to-peer workshops are 60 minutes in length and should allow approximately 15 minutes for Q&A. Please note that if you submit a proposal, it is expected that you are available to present at any point during the day on either Thursday, September 13 or Friday, September 14.
Please also note that if your proposal is accepted, you and all co-presenters are required to register for the conference (at the member or non-member rate, as applicable). Presenters do receive $100 off the registration fee.
Proposals are reviewed by a small committee, made up of presenters from the past conference. EMA receives more proposals than workshop slots available and seeks to put together a program with a variety of topics and issues and that will offer insights and strategies relevant to the work of admissions and enrollment management in independent schools.
Proposals receiving the highest consideration are those that:
- Highlight creative and data-driven approaches
- Challenge participants with new ideas and perspectives
- Describe future trends, developments, and analyses
- Promote discussion about issues of common concern
- Offer concrete tools and specific resources
Proposals receiving the least consideration are those that promote a commercial vendor and/or commercial materials.
Procedure for Submitting a Proposal
- Complete the online application form. Be sure to address accurately the level and focus of the presentation.
- Include a description and summary of the proposed session that will help us understand exactly what the session intends to deliver and accomplish. We encourage you to incorporate time for Q&A in order to make the workshop more interactive.
- Submit proposals no later than April 13, 2018.
- The Proposal Review Committee will review proposals in April and May. You will receive notice regarding the status of your proposal in mid-May.
Want to see what's on the submission form? Download the PDF